I retired in September 2014 at the ripe old age of 68. I had a lot of jobs, but I’ve always thought of myself primarily as a writer. And my other passions have always been travel and photography. That’s led me to Road Trips with Tom, which is an attempt to marry my passions with opportunities to stay busy and engaged. But that’s what’s in it for me. You want to know what’s in it for you.
You’re busy, and this is just one medium out of thousands that bombard you all the time. I want you to be a regular reader and perhaps a contributor. To earn your participation, I’ll have to work hard. I hope to do that by focusing on four objectives:
- Help you get the most out of your driving vacations
- Give you content you won’t find anywhere else
- Involve readers so they contribute to our content
- Make it entertaining and fun
• The blog is updated every Monday
• Most posts contain links to other web content
• Double-click on the smaller photos to enlarge them
• Become a subscriber. This lets you submit comments and receive automatic e-email updates when the blog is updated.
It’s all free, and we won’t try to sell you anything. Happy traveling!