You’ve no doubt noticed the six rotating photos on our home page. We’ve had the same photos since launching this blog last spring, but we’ve never labeled them. They’re about to change, so now’s a good time to identify where they were taken.
- Monument Valley on the Utah-Arizona border; this is the photo you see when you launch this site
- The Alaska Highway near Teslin, Yukon Territory
- SR 27 in eastern Washington’s Palouse country
- California SR 1 in Sonoma County near Fort Ross
- Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- US 6 east of Tonopah, Nevada
These will move to the gallery in the right-hand column of the home page.
The new rotation will be:
- Sunset over US 160 in southwestern Kansas. That’s the photo you see at the top of this post
- Illinois 84 near Galena
- US 2 approaching Glacier National Park, Montana
- US 550 near Red Mountain Pass in Colorado’s San Juan Mountains
- Chartierville, Quebec, near the New Hampshire border
- Heading into Death Valley on the road from Beatty, Nevada
Look for the new photos in a few days.